10.01.2009

Wish Lists

Whenever I'm out shopping with my kids, one of my least favorite questions is: "Mommy, can I have this?" It puts me in the place of having to say, "No" more than I'd like. So, I came up with one of my most (self-declared) brilliant ideas: I say, "Let's put it on your wish list." Saves me the money, my kids getting spoiled, AND the time trying to explain WHY we can't purchase each item immediately.
So...did you know you can create wishlists online at Target & Toys R Us? You can. Then, anytime you're in the store, you can ask for a scanner/gun thingy and let your kids go nuts adding all their favorite things to their wish lists.
When you get home you can go back online and edit what they chose according to what you're willing to have in your house should a grandparent purchase from the list.
There's another cool website called wishlist.com, but it's slightly more complicated than the others.
Now, whenever I'm out I hear, "Mommy, can I add this to my wishlist?" and the answer can always be "yes." My kids think I'm the best because I don't say no to anything they want to add and I have peace for the shopping trip.

1 comment:

Nicole Wilkinson said...

I absolutely love the wishlist... I have them at Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart. :) Very addicting but I have never actually used it instead of buying something... Great Idea. :)