I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately, and this morning I woke up with NO VOICE! I could muster a whisper, but not a very strong one. It gave me a renewed appreciation for being able to speak when I'm not sick as well as some insight into my youngest's struggles with learning to talk/communicate.
I wasn't able to say the things I really needed to say, like:
"Don't put that rock in your mouth,"
"Please sit before you go down the slide,"
"Watch out for that step!"
and "I love you."
And I learned that if you're not making noise at our house, most of the time no one is paying attention to you! I found myself clapping to get attention when i needed to communicate something important. I even did it at work today! Speaking of work...I think I'm going to whisper every day when I'm there because my students were so quiet and obedient!
6.29.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment