Z. received the Veggie Tales movie Sweetpea Beauty for her birthday this year. There is a short episode before the movie called Snoodlerella. It's all about how God views us vs. how the world views us. Below, I've quoted the lines the Snoodle King says to Snoodlerella near the end of the story. I think it's beautiful text & I want my daughters to grow up truly believing it.
(The king represents God, speaking to us):
I think you’re beautiful
I treasure you deeply.
You’re lovely, my child.
I think you’re beautiful- your hair & your braces,
Your glasses and clothes, your cumbersome graces,
and many more traits, which I could speak of.
There’s nothing about you I don’t truly love.
You’re kind and you’re honest. You’re funny and smart.
You’re really quite charming. You have a good heart.
...
Of course it is true, every word that I say.
Daughter, I am the king and I made you that way.
I delight in your beauty. You’re wonderfully made.
I knew you before Earth’s foundation was laid.
You’re precious to me- every hair on your head.
Daughter, hear and believe
(It’s what the king said)
11.09.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment