12.31.2011

Baby Update

An ultrasound right before Christmas revealed the cysts on baby's brain are gone and he's growing normally! HOORAY!! The results from the quad screen also showed the chances of the baby having a chromosomal abnormality are tiny (like a chance of 1 in thousands). We are BEYOND happy about and thankful for the continued great news.

I've been to 3 dermatologists in the last month to figure out what is causing the itchy/rashy feeling I still have. Derm #1 said it was pregnancy eczema. She recommended moisturizing and taking short, cool showers. I greased myself up with the thickest moisturizer I could find for a couple of weeks, used the steroid cream she prescribed to help with the itch, and nothing changed. Derm #2 said she didn't know, but she did a biopsy on one of the spots/bites on my leg & prescribed permethrin cream in case it was scabies or some other kind of mite biting me. The whole family had to use it. I followed the directions to the letter and obsessively cleaned every inch of my house. Everything fabric (sheets, towels, blankets, clothing...) got scorched in a hot water wash & dried on high. Everything that couldn't be washed got bagged and left alone for a week & a half (mites supposedly die after 3 days without human contact). The couch got covered in plastic & left alone for that long, too.
My skin reacted to the cream-- it broke out in a horribly painful and equally as itchy rash. Thankfully, the rest of my family had no reaction.
It's been two weeks since that last application of what I called "bug juice" and the rashy reaction to it is gone. However, the bites and extreme itchiness are back. Ugh. So frustrating!

No comments: