If you or one of your children has been sick within the last 48 hours please, PLEASE stay home!
Let me clarify to avoid any confusion:
By sick I mean: thrown up, had a fever over 99.0, had a stuffy, runny, or sniffly nose (regardless of color), or exhibited any type of rash.
By 48 hours I mean: 48 HOURS, aka TWO ENTIRE DAYS (starting from the time ALL of the symptoms disappeared completely).
By stay home I mean: DO NOT come to or drop your other children off at places where we normally meet, i.e. my house, Bible study, Church/Sunday School, Small Group, School/PreSchool, our Co-0p, Gymnastics, Swim Lessons/Practice, or any other sporting event, youth group, or group meeting.
As a pregnant woman my immune system is already weakened. Your (or your child's) presence compromises my health. Your (or your child's) presence around any of my children compromises my health as they will inevitably bring home the germs you have chosen to spread. The germs you carry (remember you are contagious before you exhibit symptoms (say, if you've been around one of your sick children) and for days after your symptoms are gone) WILL affect me. Your presence pretty much guarantees I will get sick.
Believe me when I say I know how difficult it is to be sick or to have sick children. Being cooped up in the house for days is frustrating, and I understand your desire to just get out of the house. But, please, be more courteous. Stay home.
What may be a small cold to you or one of your kids will most likely turn into something more serious for me. In this pregnancy I've contracted three head colds. One turned into a sinus infection, one into a double ear infection, and one into bronchitis...All because one person chose to come to one of our aforementioned meeting places when they or one of their children were or had recently been sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment